Saturday 12 February 2011

Lots to tell you today

Having not posted anything for a few weeks, I now find that I have a lot to tell you.

I had some time off work this week so on Monday I visited the British Museum and I took some photos of some jewellery that was made using lapis lazuli, carnelian and gold - Mesopotamia 6000 - 1500 BC was the room I took the photos in. Here are a few of the photos - the ones that came out in focus that is.




Sorry about the reflections etc - but hey, ho, that's what happens when taking photos of jewellery inside glass cases.


On Sunday I  had spent time at the NEC in Birmingham at the Spring Fair, mainly in hall 19 where the jewellery sellers were. I picked up some lapis lazuli and carnelian beads - so I have plans now that I've seen the museum items. Here are some of the beads I bought at the Spring Fair.




I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to make but I'll let you see it when I'm done.

Until next time

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment